The aims are to:
- Develop the knowledge, skills and understanding needed in the vocational area of health and social care.
- Lead to employment, further training or study at higher levels in health and social care in the Sixth Form.
- Provide experience and skills which are relevant to an adult working life.
- Develop and promote the skills of communication, ICT, working with others, improving own learning, performance and problem solving.
The following units must completed to achieve the BTEC Level 2 award:
- Unit 1 – Human Lifespan Development – Examined in a 1 hour exam
- Unit 2 – Health and Social Care Values – Coursework
- and a choice of specialist units yet to be decided.
Assessment will be through a combination of portfolio coursework and externally assessed tests. Some assessments will be carried out by the teacher and some assessments will take the form of assignments which will be sent away for verification.