Geography tackles the big issues:
- Environmental responsibility
- Our global interdependence
- Cultural understanding and tolerance
- Commerce, trade and industry
The world in which we live is likely to change more in the next 50 years than it has ever done before. Geography explains why this is and helps prepare for those changes.
The course is assessed in two ways:
- Three written papers in the final examination. The topics include
- Climate change
- Water scarcity
- The oceans
- Changing cities
- A controlled assessment which is based on data collected during a field trip. This accounts for 25% of the total marks.