Stage 1: October
- Read the course guide and highlight subjects of interest
- Come to our Sixth Form open evening (with your parents or guardians, if possible)
- Gather course leaflets, talk to teachers, existing Sixth Form students and the careers adviser
Stage 2: October/November
- Talk to as many people as you can, including your parents, tutor, subject teachers, Head of House and our Ansbury careers adviser
- Attend lunchtime drop-in sessions in the Sixth Form centre and talk to
- the Head of Sixth Form (Mr Hannaford)
- the Head of Year 12
- students in Years 12 and 13
- Complete the ‘preliminary choices’ form, on which you are asked to indicate your initial interests in terms of courses. This simply helps us to plan ahead and is not a firm commitment by you.
Stage 3: January
- Select your courses and submit your Sixth Form application form. The courses you select at this stage are still provisional and we understand that you may wish to change your mind after interview at a later stage.
- External students should submit application forms as early as possible in January as some subjects become heavily subscribed at an early stage. Application forms can be completed online.
Stage 4: February
- Attend your Sixth Form interview and tell us if you have any questions or concerns.
Stage 5: March
- Receive and firmly accept your offer of a place in the Sixth Form, subject to obtaining the required grades in your GCSE examinations.
Stage 6: July
- After your GCSEs, attend our two Sixth Form induction days to meet your tutor, your subject teachers and the other students in your groups.
Stage 7: Late August
- Collect your GCSE results
- Complete and return your Sixth Form enrolment form.