A number of partners have been working to develop resources for students who are in transition years and who are feeling the effect of the Coronavirus. The result is Flying Start Dorset Wide, which incorporates Bournemouth, Christchurch and Poole and Dorset local authorities. This is an impartial website built for young people and their families in Dorset, to support them with their transition to post 16, with some higher education links, general information and resources that can be beneficial for any year.
You can access the Flying Start website here. Please note you will need to provide your postcode and select “Lytchett Minster School” initially.
The site is still being developed and will ultimately include:
- Careers – planning for the future using resources from the Windmills iCan programme. This is an excellent resource for any age who need some support to focus on the future and to help with resilience in these times. This section will also link to Ansbury Guidance site for further support.
- Developing study and employability skills – using resources provided by the college partners, tips for home-schooling and a selection of careers resources.
- Progression support – links to Dorset and neighbouring further education colleges, including their summer support, higher education links including how to apply and virtual tours. This section also helps with linking school subjects to careers.
- FAQs from Ansbury Guidance to answer questions that both young people/parents and carers might have.
- Resources to support parents and carers.
- Health and wellbeing resources.
The site will be updated regularly.