As you will be aware, there is increasing concern about the spread of the Coronavirus (COVID-19). Due to the spread of the virus, there is now particular concern about anyone returning from skiing holidays (or any other type of holiday) in the affected areas of northern Italy and Iran. The advice we have received from Public Health England is as follows.
If you have returned from the following areas since 19 February, please call NHS 111 to inform them of your recent travel, stay indoors and avoid contact with other people even if you do not have symptoms:
- Specific lockdown areas in northern Italy* as designated by the government of Italy
- Daegu or Cheongdo, Republic of Korea
- Hubei province, China (particularly if you have returned since 12 February)
* These areas are Bertonico, Casalpusterlengo, Castelgerundo, Castiglione D’Adda, Codogno, Fombio, Maleo, San Fiorano, Somaglia, Terranova dei Passerini, Vo.
If you have returned from the following areas since 19 February and develop symptoms, however mild, you should stay indoors at home and avoid contact with other people and call NHS 111. You do not need to follow this advice if you do not have symptoms.
- Northern Italy (see map here)
If you have returned to the UK from any of the following areas since 12 February and develop symptoms of cough, fever or shortness of breath, you should immediately stay indoors, avoid contact with other people, and call NHS 111 to inform them of your recent travel to the country:
- Other parts of China outside Hubei province
- Republic of Korea
- Hong Kong
The school would also be grateful if you could inform us if any of the above applies to you or to anyone within your family or close circle of friends.