Newbold Comyn Leisure Centre has an exciting opportunity for any candidate who has a drive and commitment to develop a career in the leisure industry – a candidate who is keen to learn and become a valued member of the team with flexible skills and attributes to develop into the future.
Your day to day duties with consist of working to ensure the full operations of a leisure centre and maintaining all of the required set standards across the organisation. You will be trained to safely operate the pool as part of a team and ensure the safety of the public. As part of your role you will learn and develop all the skills required to operate the different leisure facilities. You will be given specific training within these areas which, understanding and competence will needed to be shown and linked to your main qualifications. Competence training is completed monthly to ensure all pool safety standards are kept up to date.
What we are looking for:
- Strong swimming ability required
- Team player with a willingness to learn
- High level of customer care
- Successful completion of National Pools Lifeguarding Qualification (Full training provided)
Qualifications achieved upon completion include:
- NPLQ Lifeguard Certificate
- Level 2 NVQ Certificate in Active Leisure, Learning and Wellbeing Operational Services
- Level 2 Certificate in Leisure Operations
- Level 2 Award in Employment Awareness in Active Leisure and Learning
- Customer service/Sales/Marketing within the Leisure Environment
To find out more and to register your interest, please visit our website.